The smart mobile device we carry today is much more than a communication device between people. Whether it is a smart phone or a tablet, these small computers are a gateway for introducing technology that is continually changing the world we live in. Everything from wearable technologies to the Internet of things (IoT) use mobile devices as conduits for delivering new services, and enterprises are no different.
As mobile becomes part of the corporate landscape with BYOD policies, more organizations are looking to develop mobile initiatives that are safe and effective. The new Verivo Akula 2.0 Mobile application platform has been redesigned to streamline development, security and governance of enterprise mobile applications. With this new version IT departments will gain better visibility and more control over their enterprise mobile applications using an open platform.
Having an open platform gives IT departments multiple options to allow development teams access and reuse of the front-end tools of choice while securing and governing mobile services and applications. With so many applications being created by third-party developers, it is essential to have an open platform that allows full collaboration without jeopardizing the organization.
“We continue to answer to industry demand for a secure, extensible infrastructure that significantly simplifies the mobile enterprise app development process. With Akula 2.0, we’ve added key capabilities that help improve development, security, and governance as the industry continues to evolve, and the number of apps companies develops continues to increase,” said Gregg Bjork, president and chief operating officer of Verivo.
The new features in the new release include:
- Client Actions – actions which can be generated from within the Akula management console. to any app automatically including force logout, data wipe, and refresh app permissions
- Push Notifications – lets developers quickly and easily add push notifications, such as alerts, badges, and sounds across all of their iOS and Android devices
- Management Console – has been greatly expanded to replicate all of the functions of the Akula management REST APIs and allows full management of Akula mobile apps at runtime
- Public Maven Repository – developers can now create a new Akula app project in a single step with the Verivo-hosted public Maven repository
- Android Certification – Akula client SDK is now certified for Android 4.4 (KitKat)
It is important to note even the largest enterprises in the world such as Google, Microsoft, Apple as well as many others require the services of developers in order to move products forward. If an enterprise doesn’t have an open and extensible platform to allow developers to come in and innovate, sitting in a silo without access is surely a recipe for disaster in today’s environment.