Welcome to our RSA-4096 Virus removal instructions. This article intends to help you remove RSA-4096 Virus from your system and is designed to work for all Windows versions.
Dear readers, RSA-4096 Virus has been identified as a computer virus of the extremely dangerous Ransomware variety. Read this article carefully for more information about this type of malware as well as extensive removal instructions.
You have probably already discovered a frightening curiosity – your files end up with an unknown extension and does not seem to be accessible or operative in any way. In addition an explanatory text message has been left out for you to discover on your desktop. It would read “all of your files were protected by a strong encryption with rsa-4096”. Before going any further, let’s take a second here to try and convey an all-important message: do not go and do as the note says, do not send money for a decryption key. At least not right away, there are other things to be done, so do not fall prey to the panic and despair.
What exactly is RSA-4096 Virus?
As previously stated you are facing a Ransomware virus. This is an extremely dangerous form of malicious software. Once inside your computer (we will extensively discuss this in the next paragraph) RSA-4096 Virus will begin compiling a list of your most oft accessed personal files. Important note – no system files will be affected, only your personal and non-essential for the normal functioning of the OS will. Once determined these files will be encrypted and rendered completely inaccessible. Thus the unknown extension after the file names. And this is the reason for the “all of your files were protected by a strong encryption with rsa-4096” message.
How did it get in?
You should definitely look for a Trojan horse virus in addition to RSA-4096 Virus and delete it as well. This is typically the way by which ransomware applications enter their victims’ computers. They use backdoor malware like Trojans. Now, if you are wondering how you ended up with a Trojan horse virus – this could have happened in a number of ways. Undoubtedly you have come in contact with a corrupted .exe file or possibly a .dll file, containing the malware in question. Usually they are spread through e-mail attachments, contaminated torrent or other p2p downloads or direct downloads from file storage websites. You should always be careful and scan any downloaded files thoroughly before opening them or giving them access to your system.
Should I pay the ransom?
You certainly should consider every option before deciding what to do. Depending on the personal importance of the affected files that is definitely one possibility that cannot be rejected right away. Yet we would strongly encourage you to try other solutions first and only entertain this idea as a last resort.
If you need further encouragement please consider this:
- You will be sending funds to certified cyber criminals. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest whether you will really get what you would be paying for. There are instances for both successful and unsuccessful outcomes in that regard. So you will be essentially taking a big gamble. Not only that but you will be involved in a possible transaction with people essentially facing jail time, so you should consider the legal side of this issue as well.
- Even if everything goes according to plan and you indeed receive a decryption key in exchange for your money. Is this really worth it? You will be just adding to and fueling a dangerously quickly developing industry centered around the extortion of internet users. In fact we would argue that the only way to reverse this ongoing trend starts with the affected users refusing to pay to get their own personal files back.
- Even if the encrypted information is so important that you can’t go on without it – there are other possible solutions. One of them is waiting it out in the possibility the online community manages to crack the RSA-4096 Virus encryption. Another is to follow our guide to the end and employ our suggested method to restore previous versions of your files. Yes, it may or may not work, but at the very least you will not worsen your situation.
|Negative Effects||The encryption of your personal files and the demands for a ransom.|
RSA-4096 Virus Ransomware Removal
Reveal Hidden Files. If you don’t know how to do this, ask us in the comments.
=> Search=> Copy/Paste “notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts” => Enter.
If you notice other IPs different from the localhost IPs – you might be in danger!
Ask for additional help in the comments.
Right click on the Taskbar => Start Task Manager.
Navigate to Processes.
Locate any suspicious processes associated with RSA-4096 Virus. Right click on the process = > Open File Location => End Process = > Delete the directories with the suspicious files.
=> Search => Type:
Hit Enter after each new search. Check each Folder and delete recent entries.
Get Your Files Back!
The only way you can do that is by backpedaling to a moment when you were not infected. You can achieve this in one of two ways:
- System Restore. => Search field => Type System Restore=>Enter.
Choose a Restore Point.
Click Next until the process has been completed.
- Google and Download a Program called ShadowExplorer. Install and open it => Choose the Drive letter (C:, D:, F:, etc.) and date you want to restore information from => Right click on the files you want restored => Export.
If you run into any trouble – ask us for help in the comments section!