How to play PS4 games on Android – a PS4 Emulator for Android
Sony has introduced a nice little feature, which works as a PS4 emulator for Android. Unfortunately, this remote play feature is limited only to Sony products. Therefore, if you do not own a certain Xperia handset model or another Sony product that has built-in remote play, you won’t be able to enjoy a PS4 emulator for Android. Well, we are here to tell you that there is a way to play PS4 games on your smartphone or tablet even if it is not developed by Sony and does not have the required built-in feature. In this article we will show you how to play PS4 games on Android.
PS4 Emulator for Android guide
1. The first thing you need to do in order to use the PS 4 emulator for Android is make sure that you’ve set up your PS4 console for remote play.
a) In order to do this, go to the function area located at the top of your PS4 interface. Now, go to Settings and then to Remote Play Connection Settings. Check the Enable Remote Play setting
b) For the next step of setting up your PS4, you’ll have to return to the Settings menu and this time navigate to PlayStation Network/Account management. In there, choose the setting Activate this console as your primary PS4
2. The second step that you need to go through is download a remote play app by Twisted89. It’s a free app, and you can download it right now on your android device. This application is basically a tweaked version of Xperia’s build-in remote play feature. The difference is that it supports all android smartphones that have their android OS updated to version 4.2 or higher.
a) Note that you may first need to download the Mega application in order to get the .apk file for the remote play app.
3. After you’ve downloaded the .apk file via the Mega app, go to your smartphone’s Settings and then to the General section.
Find the Security settings and tap on them. In there, check the setting labeled Allow unknown source.
4. After the installation has finished, you’ll have to choose how you want to connect your Dualshock controller to your smartphone. Here you have two possible options. The first one is to connect your smartphone device to your PS4 via bluetooth. However, note that for this method, you’ll need to have access to your smartphone’s root account. If your android device has not been rooted, you can try out our second method. For our second suggestion you will need a USB OTG cable so as to connect your device to the PS4. Figure out which works best for you and proceed with the guide for the method of your choice
Using Bluetooth to connect the PS4 emulator for Android
1. First thing here is to make sure that your device has been rooted. You will also need to download Sixaxis application from google store. Go ahead and download it. Note that this is not a free application and you will need to pay a few dollars to get it.
2. After you get the controller app, open it and tap on Start to begin the setup.
3. You will need to configure your DUALSHOCK controls. To do that, tap on the settings menu (three-dotted icon in the top-right corner). Now go to Gamepad Settings and tap on Enable Gamepad. Here, you can configure the controls of your gamepad.
Using USB OTG cable to connect with the PS4 emulator for Android
1. After you’ve bought the required type of cable, use it to connect your android smartphone to your Dualshock controller. After doing that, you should be able to use the controller to navigate your smartphone.
2. Next, open the Remote Play app and when a pop-up appears, tap on Register.
3. Now press the PS button on your gamepad. Another pop-up will be displayed, requiring USB permission – accept that and proceed. Follow the prompts to setup your controller. After everything’s finished, you should be able to your PS4 games from your android smartphone.