Welcome to our _Locky_recover_instructions Virus removal instructions. This article intends to help you remove _Locky_recover_instructions Virus from your system and is designed to work for all Windows versions.
_Locky_recover_instructions Virus is a Ransomware computer virus. If you are not familiar with this type of malware then be advised this is a high priority danger to your security. Ransomware applications like _Locky_recover_instructions Virus are very distinctive and can hardly be mistaken for anything else.
If you are reading this article then you have probably found your most often used personal files ending with a seemingly unfamiliar extension. Also as if to shed any doubts there would be a note posted to your desktop explaining what has happened and how to get your files back. You should not do as the note says! This is very important. In this article we will try and explain in some detail what you will be facing. Also how exactly you have found yourself in this situation. You can also expect some valuable alternatives to paying the ransom. And last but not least extensive removal instructions and possibly a way to get your files back without paying a dime! So let’s get started.
What exactly _Locky_recover_instructions Virus is
We already stated that you are facing a full-blown Ransomware computer virus. This type of malicious software often uses a different variant of malware to infiltrate your computer. This other malware is often referred to as a Trojan horse and usually acts as a backdoor way for harmful applications. Once inside a victim’s computer _Locky_recover_instructions Virus usually starts a thorough scan of your hard drives in the attempt to single out your most often access personal files. Note that this virus is not interested in any system files. The reason behind this is so the virus can select the files you are most likely to miss the most and also most likely be willing to pay to get back. Once the list of files has been established it is pretty much game over. _Locky_recover_instructions Virus would start encrypting your files and there is not much you can do at this point. You might encounter some signs like increased CPU and hard drive loads but that’s about it. After your next boot/reboot you would find yourself in the situation you are now trying to remedy.
How did you end up with this?
We mentioned the backdoor Trojan that you probably have on your computer. This is a good moment to remind you that after getting rid of _Locky_recover_instructions Virus you definitely need to root out the Trojan horse as well. If you are wondering how you ended up with a Trojan malware – there are some very common denominators in play here.
- Infected .exe files attached to e-mails. It may sound corny but this is still a very common way for the spreading of malicious software. You should always be careful and scan all attached files before and after downloading them. One can never be too careful.
- Compromised files downloaded from p2p file sharing networks. In that category we include any torrent downloads and file-sharing websites downloads. We are not going to advocate whether you should use torrent websites per se but please consider the dangers if you so choose. There are places with very little control over the content that gets uploaded and shared. So once again – always scan any files before opening them, especially if they are executable files.
- It is a very common theme that for a variety of reasons you might end up with a missing or damaged .dll file. The smart thing to do is to look for additional information about the missing/damaged file online. What you should definitely never do is download the file in question from some shady website. This is a sure way to get infected with malware. As a rule of thumb you should never download any software from unconfirmed sources.
||High. Extremely high.
|Negative Effects||Your files are inaccessible and have the .locky extension.|
_Locky_recover_instructions Virus Removal
Reveal Hidden Files. If you don’t know how to do this, ask us in the comments.
=> Search=> Copy/Paste “notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts” => Enter.
If you notice other IPs different from the localhost IPs – you might be in danger!
Ask for additional help in the comments.
Right click on the Taskbar => Start Task Manager.
Navigate to Processes.
Locate any suspicious processes associated with _Locky_recover_instructions Virus. Right click on the process = > Open File Location => End Process = > Delete the directories with the suspicious files.
=> Search => Type:
Hit Enter after each new search. Check each Folder and delete recent entries.
Get Your Files Back!
The only way you can do that is by backpedaling to a moment when you were not infected. You can achieve this in one of two ways:
- System Restore. => Search field => Type System Restore=>Enter.
Choose a Restore Point.
Click Next until the process has been completed.
- Google and Download a Program called ShadowExplorer. Install and open it => Choose the Drive letter (C:, D:, F:, etc.) and date you want to restore information from => Right click on the files you want restored => Export.
If you run into any trouble – ask us for help in the comments section!